This is the selection process for the upcoming Investment Banking Case Competition which will take place on 27th November 2020.
1. Event: Investment Banking Case Competition that aims to test the modelling, negotiation, and team-work skills amongst top 4 EMEA business schools.
The schedule will be as follows:
- Team list submission and selection decision – 20 November
- Competition date – 27 November
Zero preparation (no slide deck, no models, no pre-read) to be done before the competition; nevertheless, it is advised that participating students have exposure to financial modelling and pitch-deck preparation.
2. Date & Time: 27th November 2020 | 9:00AM to 4:00PM
3. Venue: Zoom (details closer to competition date)
4. Participating schools:
– London Business School
– INSEAD Business School
– Said Business School, Oxford University
– Judge Business School, Cambridge
– Each school has 2 teams participating, 4 members per team
– 8 teams will be randomly assigned as either buy-side or sell-side and paired randomly
– The case will be presented between 9:00AM and 10:00AM to the teams
– Teams will have between 10:00AM and 12:30PM to model, create a pitch-deck (template shall be share on the day of competition), and send it to the moderator. The presentation files will be shared with the Jury members immediately.
– Each team will have 15 mins (10mins for presentation and 5mins for jury questions)
– The winning team takes home cash of £1000 and the second place takes home £750
6. Things to be done by your team:
– Confirm the name of the teams and participants in the following format
o Team name
o Names of team members
o Student ID numbers, school e-mail address, and phone numbers of each of the team members
– We request that you do so before 20th November 2020
We gathered materials from different sources in order to prepare for the case: http://bankingcompetition.com/preparation-materials/
Banking Competition team